Cobham Aerospace Communications and L2 Aviation have entered into an agreement for L2 to develop and deliver a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) package for Cobham’s AVIATOR 200S SwiftBroadband Satcom System. This AVIATOR 200S configuration will ultimately be installed on end-user Boeing 777 aircraft.
The system, when installed, will provide:
- Visual and audible notification of inbound SATVOICE calls.
- Visual and audible (chime) notification of inbound data link messages.
- Priority/pre-emptive dialing for SATVOICE from the MCDU SATCOM menu.
- Priority of call notification (chime) for both inbound and outbound SATVOICE calls.
- Verification of FANS performance.
- Interface to AISD domain (provision).
- Interface for A615A Data Loader with data load enable switch.
Cobham’s AVIATOR S compact design is suitable for all single-aisle and wide-bodied aircraft. It’s faster to install and configure, compatible with all Inmarsat L-band antenna systems, and reduces the number of LRUs down to two, saving weight and space.
Picture: Mark Lebovitz (President, L2), Jen Waterman (VPGM, Americas & Global Customer Support), Robert Holcomb (Audio-Radio Product Manager)