Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager.
You will be responsible for managing the contract and commercial aspects for the supply chain supporting the Weapons Carriage & Release Integrated Project Team, providing integrated expertise in support of supply chain, sales and business performance.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Contracts Manager, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree or equivalent experience in law/business.
- Experience in aerospace, defence or other complex high technology organisation.
- Experience in applying the broad principles of contract law to supply contracts & new business proposals & negotiations, contract changes, disputes and contract management.
- Experience of assessing the impact of complex commercial issues on the business and presenting a considered view on strategy for negotiation and resolution
- Experience of international contracting and the management of foreign-based customers and contracts
- Experience in a defence contracting environment involving UK MoD and Us DoD conditions would be an advantage.
As a Contracts Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Contract Management & New Business
- Proactively advising and supporting the Supply Chain team on the interpretation and enforcement of contractual and commercial obligations and identifying opportunities to leverage contractual terms in support of business objectives. Where required, leading on supplier negotiations with respect to contractual obligations.
- Provide support to WC & R IPT new business opportunities in accordance with the Contracts Policy, including the review of T&Cs and commercial aspects of the bid, obtaining approvals, proposal drafting, negotiation, purchase order review and acceptance.
- Leading on the drafting, negotiation and execution of supplier framework agreements of strategic importance, liaising with customer-facing teams to understand requirements and design intelligent solutions.
- Support to customer-facing contracts team including the provision of end-to-end contractual support to substantial new business opportunities where they arise, supporting the bid manager, and advising on contracts and commercial issues as part of proposal Gate reviews.
- Ensure that existing contracts are proactively and robustly managed, contractual changes are identified and the contractual financial baseline is protected.
- Identify and monitor commercial risks and propose mitigations.
- Manage and develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Manage (or support as required) customer and supplier disputes and claims in support of business objectives.
- Compliance and Governance
- Implement and ensure adherence to CCL policies & procedures
- Manage the engagement of intermediaries in compliance with Company Policies.
- Protect confidential information by ensuring NDAs are obtained in line with company policy.
- Support the business with respect to trade compliance issues.
- Support C&C functional initiatives, including training and continuous improvement.
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
Working at CMS Wimborne
Click Here to watch a video to see what we do and hear from colleagues what life is like at our Wimborne site.
Check out our website and our LinkedIn page to find out more.